Okay so maybe not really a party... but it's definitely a celebration. As a matter of fact we have TWO celebrations! The first one is for Daisy Torres' book, I'll See You on the Bridge. This bilingual, children's book is a great addition to anyone's library- both school and personal. A touching story about the love between a little boy and his family dog. The book release event for this book will be
December 12, 2019
El Pulpo & Tapas Bar
We hope you can make it and celebrate with our newest novice author!
Our second celebration is Nury's book!!!! The momentous event is for the second book in the Sofia series, "Sofia & Vivi: Big Sister". This sweet story is all about Sofia and her little sister. Plus you get to know Sofia's baby brother a little better too. Sofia realizes that some things are definitely different in the USA, but she's also happy that some things are still the same. Her mom and dad love her just the same, and she loves her family just the same too.
Just like all of the children's books published by 1010 Publishing, this book is bilingual. Nury Castillo Crawford always chooses English and Spanish. The illustrations are radiant and are delivered up to expectations by Demitrius "Motion" Bullock once again. He is talented and has helped bring this beautiful story to life.
The celebratory event will be held at:
Buford Branch Library
2100 Buford Hwy NE
Buford, GA 30518
December 14, 2019
11AM - 1PM
Now on to manuscript submissions... you have less than 3 calendar months to get your writing up to par. Here are some tips before you submit your manuscript:
1. 1010 Publishing accepts submissions from authors as well as agents. Our submission window opens March 1
2. Connect with other authors via social media, conferences, and writing groups.
3. Follow our submission guidelines
4. Hire an Editor: To ensure you are sending a polished work, consider hiring an editing service to catch these errors so that they are not present to distract the editor and take away from the overall quality of your work.
5. Cover Letter: Take the time to show each individual publishing company that you know who they are, understand their needs and how your work specifically provides them with exactly what they are looking for.