Have you ever heard of that phrase? Well I actually believe it. I have known many friends get physically sick because of it. It can affect your metabolic systems, cells, digestive system, cardiovascular system, and nervous system...due to elevated cortisol levels and inflammation. Enlarged cortisol levels affect almost everything in your nervous, cardiovascular and digestive systems.
In case you didn't know, my book is schduled to be released in about ONE MONTH!!!! I have been super excited about the release until today...the printing company has run into a glitch!!! While driving home today, I saw I had missed a call. I called them back and they informed me of said glitch. I wanted to just hang up but what does that solve? The problem would still be there. So I went ahead and just listened. What good did that do? I still have the problem. So now to solve it I need to do a lot of MAGIC within the next 24 hours so that the book will be released on schedule. I have not felt this stressed out in a very long time. Usually when I stress out it's a good thing. I'm trying to meet a deadline at work or I'm excited about something. But not today, today I'm just stressed out and don't see a real solution. I'm hoping for one, but it is not in my hands.
So what do you do when you feel stressed?
Here are some ways people relieve their stress:
1. Incorporate some type of exercise -I'm going to live in Iceland before this one is a reality in my life on a regular basis.
2. Daily meditation- This one is easy! I do this in the lunchroom daily...ha ha ha!
3. Acupuncture- Ummm... yeah I don't think so...Like I'm going to allow somoene to stick bunch of needles in me...not likely.
4. Nutrition- I have a diet...I see it, I eat it.
5. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy-I probably am the one that listens to other people's troubles and challenges...maybe that's why I'm so tired at night.
6. Include Nature- Well nature is good. I like it. The kind of nature that's my favorite is the ocean. I probably need a time out there.
7. Become more social-Believe it or not, that is exactly in my lane. I like being social.
8. Using Adaptogen Herbs and Essential Oils-Herbs like ginseng, ashwagandga, maca, rhodiola, holy basil and cocoa are a unique class of healing plants that balance, restore and protect the body. They make it easier to handle stress by regulating hormones and physiological functions.
9. Journal- This is a favorite of mine too! I like to write the good and the bad. I think this would be a great strategy for educators.
10. Physical intimacy- Who has time for intimacy after work? I have time for a shower...that's what happens when you're old. (dying laughing!)
Wish me luck guys! I need my book to be released on time.
I guess I'm encountering "3,585 Miles to be an American Girl" blues.